Saturday, March 8, 2008

Playday with Grandma

Every few weeks we plan a playday with Grandma. Usually we meet at one of the malls, eat lunch, shop, play at the playplace, run errands, etc. It's usually an all day event and lots of fun. Yesterday we had one of our playdates and went to the mall. We ate cheese pizza at Sbarro, which is always part of the routine. Then we walked around the mall for a little while. Lauren requested we go to the Disney Store. I told her we had no money to spend there and we could only look at all the beautiful dresses and fun things. I fully expect to have a battle with her when she saw something she wanted but to my surprise everyone was perfectly happy to browse the store and plan what they would like to have next Christmas or for their next birthday. Wow! What a relief.

We continued our walk until we reached to playplace. Obviously we know what happened next. When everyone was done playing we decided to continue our walk because there was the possibility that there might be a special bunny at the mall today. Sure enough, the Easter Bunny was there so we stopped to chat and take pictures. Lots of fun.

Well, time to head towards the car, oh, what's that? Cinnabon? Oh, did you want a Cinnabon? Well, I guess if you really want to we can. If you twist my arm I'll eat one. Yummmmm. Must be food of the devil, it's so good.

Now we're really headed to the car and my mom spots the kiosk with all the hair extensions, wigs and pretty hair accessories. "How do you think I would look as a brunette?", she asks. Well, let's go see. Luckily, Wyatt fell asleep, sensing a girly activity was about to take place. The lady at the kiosk was more than willing to show us all kinds of fun things. Mom, who is blonde, tried out the brunette wigs. Cute! I tried on the long blonde wig. I don't think so. We decided we'd better stick with our natural colors. Then this lady started putting all kinds of glittery, pretty clips in the girls hair and adding hair extensions. Oh, they looked so pretty! Then she pulled out another wig for me to try since the blonde didn't work out so well. It was a cute, straight hair style. I liked it. Hmmmm. Wouldn't it be nice not to have to straighten my hair. i could just throw on the wig when I decide I want it straight. Well, somehow we justified the cost of the wig and I went home with a new hairstyle. Aaron wasn't so fond of it, so luckily it is a wig and I didn't really get my hair cut that way. We've been having fun trying it on today. If anyone wants to borrow a wig. I've got a cute one.
Next, the plan is to check out the new Walmart that opened up just across the street. Yup, it's a Walmart. Nothing more, nothing less, but it is just down the street and I'm loving that. We also stopped by some model homes in the area for mom to check out. I must admit, it would be nice to have Grandma a little closer to home. I'll be on the look out for the perfect house for them.

That's the latest.

3 comments:

The Nelsons said...

so...where's the pix of you with your wig, hmmmm???? :)

Mo said...

I'm the picture taker...that means I don't have to be in the pictures. It works out pretty good.

tiki_lady said...

oh my gosh, you guys had too much fun! I wanna see the wig!