Monday, March 17, 2008

Kindergarten Registration

We should not be doing this now. It's way too soon. How can it be? We went to kindergarten registration last week and took a tour of Sydney's school. She is so excited! I am too, but as I sat and listened and walked around the school, sometimes I just felt like bursting into tears. I had to hold them back. How silly, I'm even tearing up now as I think about it. What's going to happen on the first day of school?

Here she is touring the school.On the playgroundChecking out the school bus.

1 comment:

tiki_lady said...

You are going to be so happy and excited for her. You are always going to talk so positive about school and how excited you are and secretly your heart is breaking into a million pieces. You are going to hold her hand on the first day of school, and bravely fight back the tears because you want her to be completely confident and reassured, and the minute the kindergarten doors are shut and she is out of your view, the water works will come, and you will cry hysterically. It will be an ugly cry. You will mope around and you will have your other children with you. I asked my dh to stay home from work to be with me, for EACH of my children that started school. EXCEPT for A. He was the youngest of 4 and was so ready to go to school. I was excited too. I feel the waterworks for you too. It is so hard. They are away from you longer than they are with you, waking hours anyway. Just remember Sister Hinckley's words, when a teacher tried to keep one of her children after school. She marched right in there and said, You have him from this hour to this hour. He is mine after that. LOL, She will enjoy school.