Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Aunt Connie!

I won't post your age, for one, I don't know and I'm not keeping track. By the way, at what point do we stop being happy about being one year older? My guess, and my body agrees, is that 30 must be around the age we stop sharing our ages and maybe start feeling it. I don't know for sure...cause I may not be there yet. Sydney and Lauren worry about us (mom and dad) getting old. They watched a cartoon, can't remember the name, where the dad talks about getting old and then a bird dies because it was old and ever since then they have been concerned about us dying anytime we say we're getting old. Anyway, we are all still young! How did I get on this subject? This is to celebrate the birth of Connie. We're glad it's your birthday!

So, a couple of weekends ago we had a Simms family March birthday celebration for Riley, Wesley and Connie. Connie was the only birthday girl at the celebration. She was the only one to fully enjoy the festivities. Happy Birthday Connie!

Caillou is the name of the show. Oooooh that was bugging me.

One more note on getting old. We were at a baby shower a few weekends ago and someone, who will remain nameless, proceeded to tell a fabulous story about a women who had 8 babies in ten years. She is about the same age as me, which will also go unmentioned, and this person mentioned that she was still young enough to have several more children, which I will not. Anyway, not 2 minutes later this person looked at me and said...so, how does it feel to be old. Ha ha ha. Not very funny. I am not old.

No comments: