Monday, February 11, 2008

Not a "True Princess"

This happened a while ago, but I remembered it today and thought i would blog it for memory sake. I can't remember what I did yesterday, so if i don't write it down now it will be gone forever.

Lauren is my little princess. She would wear princess dresses all day, every day if she could. When we go out she hates to put on real clothes and when we get home, the real clothes are stripped off, thrown on the floor, and the princess dress is back on. Well, one morning I told her to get dressed because we were going somewhere. She said, "No, I want to be a princess." So I told her that Cinderella was a true princess even when she was in her raggedy clothes, cleaning the house, so she could be a princess in her regular clothes. I even went on to tell her, thinking I had found a good teaching moment, that a true princess is always kind and never throws fits when things don't go her way (unlike our little princess). She quickly decided that she did not want to be a "true princess". She just wants to be a regular princess who throws fits when necessary and dresses up like a princess always. She may not be a "true princess" but she is our princess.

No comments: