Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to you all!

What a nice day! We had a BBQ on Sunday afternoon to celebrate the women in the family. The men provided the food, cooked and cleaned. If Aaron is reading this he is squaking, right now, at the word BBQ...it was a cookout, if that makes you happy, and here are the pictures to prove it. We had a very good time.

Aaron and his mommy.
Here is Papa trying to get on Wyatt's sweet side with strawberries, chocolate, whipped cream and sugar cookies with blue icing. I think it's working.
Brian and Connie
Hallie and Jared
Craig and JoyNanna
Jared and Whitney ( I don't think Whitney was too happy.)
Ali and Allan, where are you?

If you come to my house and sit out on the back deck on my newly-cushioned patio furniture and under the big green umbrella, then you will be enjoying my mother's day gift. Seat cushions and an umbrella so mama can be happy watching her children play. Thanks Aaron!!!


My mom was feeling under the weather on Saturday and she was home alone so I went to check on her and brought her to my house for a few days, until she was feeling better. Well, turns out she had the Mother of all Mother's Day's. I want one just like this one for myself, one day. She was put in the bed on Saturday and pretty much stayed there all day Sunday, while being waited on hand and food. Meals, snacks, books, tv, grandchildren, dog, manicures and pedicures were all provided. Sydney and Lauren gave both me and grandma a manicure and pedicure. I am still walking around 3 weeks later, as I write this, with 4 different colors on my hands and feet. Aren't they sweet!


Thanks Mom, Miriam, Sandi, Grandma G. and Grandma S. for all you do and have done for me and my family. It is not until these past few years in my life that I realize the sacrifices that you have all made in your lives. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you all. Thank you! I love you! I hope you all had a very special day!

2 comments:

tiki_lady said...

what a sweet post! Happy belated mother's day. Seems like you guys always have a blast and have so many family members near by. I hope your mom is feeling better. Tell her she has great looking legs!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

OH how cute! too sweet to post the pictures and what all everyone got!