Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Look how handsome - 5 months old!


Isn't he the cutest thing you've ever seen. I'm smitten. He has the sweetest smile. I have a drawer full of size 3-6 month summer time clothes that I thought he would never get to wear...but would you look at this, we are having summer in December. Did we hit 80 degrees today? I don't know but I know I was sweating as I was hanging up my Christmas lights. I experienced this one other time, on my mission, where the seasons were reversed. I saw snow in July and felt the heat of summer at Christmas. Anyway, back to this cute little boy. I have been trying on all these summer clothes on him while we are experiencing this heatwave. Here he is in an outfit I found at Old Navy that he wore on Saturday on our trip to the temple with the activity day girls.
He was an angel and what a good we had! The temple is so beautiful and it was nice to travel with the girls and share with them this special place. I love to go to the temple and I wish I could go more often. It is especially nice to be able to continually revisit the temple where Aaron and I were married and remember that special day! Look at this great group of girls. I love working with them!!
Alright, let's not get too far off course. I've got to continue bragging about my children. Grandma called yesterday and asked what we were up to. I said that we were just cleaning the house, as usual. She asked if we could put that off until tomorrow and go to the mall with her today. What???? Put off cleaning to go shopping at the mall with Grandma. I think we can do that. Well, guess who was there. Santa Claus! Here they all are telling him how good they've been.
I've been good too. You know how I know. Santa asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said I wanted a stainless steel tea kettle and POOF, there it was. I didn't even have to wait till Christmas. Thanks Grandma Santa!

Well that's the latest at our house. Oh, wait. I have video to post. I'll do that tomorrow. I've got to go make lunch and go to bed.

Oh. One more thing. How do you like my music list. I love the song Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant. Since this is going to be my journal/scrapbook of sorts I thought I would share/record some memories as they come to me, since, you know, for the most part, I can't remember what I did yesterday. Anyway, this song always reminds me of one Thanksgiving, when I was still at BYU. I went home with one of my roommates to her home in Moab, UT. We decided that we would get up before sunrise and hike to Delicate Arch in Arches National Park. It was beautiful and we listened to this song over and over again the whole trip. Remember Annette???

3 comments:

tiki_lady said...

Oh, he is so cute and has gotten so big! Love the santa pics. this is like 4 posts all in one! When you post, you post!! The temple was a great activity

tiki_lady said...

YOU HAVE JUST BEEN TAGGED! please go to my site for directions.

tiki_lady said...

Maureen, I have just created a new photography blog for my pictures. I got a new computer and I lost all of my email addys. Would you email me? I would like to add your children's pics to the blog but only with your permission. Thanks, Chrys.