Thursday, January 17, 2008

Santa Claus made me work the holidays.

Yup. Santa had me working hard this year and I have just now recovered from all the excitement. I've got a lot of catching up to do. I know if i stop posting regularly people will stop visiting. Look Chrys, no wasted clicks tonight.

It was Aaron's birthday yesterday. We went out to eat to celebrate the big day. I hope he had a very happy day. If anyone has a picture of him in his sombrero, send it to me and I'll post it here.

Wyatt is 6 months old. Yeah!!! Well, today he is 6 months and 7 days. He went in for his 6 month checkup yesterday and he is weighing in at a whopping 13 lbs 12 oz. He is still the cutest thing you ever did see. Poor little thing had to get 4 shots yesterday, so he has been feeling pretty miserable today. Here is a picture of him at 6 months (Happy 1/2 birthday).
Look at that handsome boy!

Here he is with Miss Sydney. He loves his sisters and they can always make him laugh.
Here he is ready to feast on his first meal of rice cereal. YUMMY!


Let's see. What else has happened since the last post. Oh yeah. The Simms girls took their annual shopping trip to the beach. What a lifesaver that was for me. I got all my shopping done in 2 days and Santa's helpers wrapped all the presents, too. It was a fun getaway.

This is day 1 of shopping!Let the wrapping begin.Krispy Kreme. Nourishment for shopping day number 2.


Sydney had her preschool Christmas program in December. She did a great job and it was a beautiful program. Here is one of the songs that they sang in the program. She did a special encore presentation for us on Christmas morning.
Christmas Eve was spent at Nanny and Papa's. Santa always leaves lots of goodies at their house.



Christmas morning was spent at home, my favorite place to be. Here is a before shot and then the aftermath. I think Santa was good to them, but you'll have to ask the children to be sure. I must have been very good this year because I got EVERYTHING I wanted. I'm pretty lucky! My Santa Claus is extra special. Notice the lack of ornaments at the bottom of the tree. The girls kept undecorating the tree. Last round of presents was Christmas afternoon. Mom and Rusty and John, Audene and the kids came over for food and fun.

We are so lucky to have such a great family, near and far. They are all so good to us. We hope you all had a happy Christmas!!!

One last event to end the year was a small gathering to celebrate the new year. Thanks to the invention of the DVR we were able to count down and toast the new year several times, just in case anyone missed it the first time. You know all our glasses were filled with non-alcoholic sparkling champagne that had been sitting in our homes for several years. Maybe there was some fermentation.



Well, those are the events of the last month or so. Sorry for the long post. I had to get it all in so when I get my scrapbook/journal/blog printed out it would all be documented. Stay tuned for the next big event...Lauren's 4th birthday.

Oh. I've also been tagged. I haven't forgotten. I will have to do that tomorrow. Oh, it is tomorrow. Maybe I'll get to it later on today, or maybe tomorrow. Watch out you bloggers, you may be getting tagged, too.

2 comments:

tiki_lady said...

Gosh, I love it Maureen! Thanks for not wasting another click in my old finger. LOL, That was a lot of blogging going on! Impressive! Maybe, if you blogged a little each day you wouldn't be burned out! but anyway you choose. I love it. HOLY SCHMOLY you have a lot of Christmas' and people to buy for. I thought I had a lot. YOU WIN!

Unknown said...

I love all of the blogging. I love the one where Syd makes Wyatt laugh. That's my favorite.